We’re so glad you’re considering adopting from Anicira. Our wonderful, adoptable pets would love to meet you! If you’re ready to bring home a furry family member, we invite you to visit us each Saturday from 11am-3pm at the Petco in the Harrisonburg Crossing Shopping Center, and at the PetSmart on East Market Street from 11am-3 pm. On Sunday you can see some of our dogs at PetSmart from 12-3pm. You can find a complete list of our pets available for adoption here.
Anicira offers your new companion:
- Health Screening and Exam by a Veterinarian
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- Dental care
- Microchip identification with registration
- Heartworm test and preventative medication for dogs
- FIV/FeL test for cats
- Flea and tick preventative medication
- Vaccinations: Rabies (if age appropriate), DAPPv, Bordetella
- Deworming for intestinal parasites
The adoption benefits package is valued at over $400!
You can submit an application directly through our Available Dogs page. After your application has been submitted we will be in contact with you within one business day. If you are interested in a particular dog, just let us know which one and we can arrange a meet and greet at one of our adoption events each Saturday.
Our goal is to place each dog into permanent and loving homes. We will do our best to connect you with the dog that best compliments you and your family .
- All owned cats and dogs must be spayed/neutered unless there are extenuating circumstances. Proof may be requested.
- We do not adopt to outdoor homes or to chained situations.
- All adults in the home must be in agreement before adopting.
- All owned cats and dogs must be up to date on vaccinations; medical history may be requested.
- Misrepresentations on an application will automatically disqualify you from adoption.
- We do not adopt animals as gifts.
- We adopt to homes out of area/state.
- We do not allow trial periods before adoption.
Our commitment does not end at adoption. If you have any questions or concerns years down the road, we will give you and your adopted companion ongoing support.
Thank you to Hot Dog Collars for providing collars for our adoptable dogs!